Yesterday, I took up swimming at my local leisure center. I’m doing it to lose weight after the America trip (I’ve never seen portions so huge!) and also, more importantly, for a swimming event in July I’ll be taking part of. As I write this I’m aching a little from the workout but I think […]
Archive | April, 2011
Redirect to Cycling Saddle Bags for Newsletter subscribers! Guest post by Gordon It was April 2010. I had one of those weeks on the trains and tube we all dread. Every day, delays, cancellations, diversions, engineering works, passengers taken ill, trespassers on the line. The tube even stopped working because someone had nicked the copper […]
See also: Where to watch the Olympic Road Race Much of the 2012 road race will done around Box Hill. London Cyclist reader Ian has been investigating the 15.5km route that will be covered nine times by the male cyclists and twice by the women. Bike route 884987 – powered by Bikemap Having lived a […]
If you want to join the helmet camera brigade, then the Veho Muvi will appeal. The price is low (excellent price on Amazon), it’s tiny and operation is incredibly simple. I’ve taken it out for a couple of rides now, so I thought this might be a good moment to touch base and let you […]
I’m spending the next few days over Easter in Antwerp. For those of you who don’t follow pro-cycling, Belgium is the epi-centre of most pro racing and cyclocross racing and the Belgians are obsessed with the sport. Every race is televised and everybody, from small children to the old folks, has their cycling hero. The […]
Writing’s on the Wall is an audio and visual journey by bicycle exploring the changing face of London’s East End from Shoreditch to Hackney Wick. Learn about the area through some of the most prolific Street artists who use its architecture as their canvas. Hear about the work in the artists’ own voices, while exploring […]
Recently in an email to London Cyclist: What is the best bike shop in London? Depends on your flavour.. A bike shop that can build you a custom bike depending on your requirements: Cloud 9 Cycles and Foffa Bikes A bike shop that will show you all the latest dutch style gear: Velorution or Bobbin […]
Taking you through three of the best rear bike lights as well as what to look for in a good rear light.
This week I am mostly very jealous of Andreas and his Frisco jaunt. I’ve been keeping the home fires burning having a look at some dhb kit that Wiggle kindly gave me to road test. I did take some photos of me wearing the kit but they got lost on a memory stick somewhere between […]
“When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking” Arthur Conan Doyle, Scientific American Magazine, 1896 This is the opening quote […]
It’s interesting to watch people take that first plunge into cycling and immensely pleasing to hear about how much they enjoyed it. Recently, I’ve been quite excited as my friend will be joining the cycling ranks. His move to a different part of London means he will no longer be walking distance from work. Hence, […]
Big thank you to Mark’s Cycle Repairs for helping me put this repair together for the Bike Doctor App (Already in iPhone version, soon to be in Android version) Mark offers excellent prices and repairs for all sorts of bikes and if you live in the direction of Kent (Orpington) specifically then you should check […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- How to cycle around horses 06/03/2014
- 5 cycling accessories I wouldn’t want to be without 05/03/2014
- Popular London cycing clubs and groups 04/03/2014
- Why is Hackney blocking Cycle Superhighway 1 on the A10? 03/03/2014
- Traffic free ride along the Thames from Richmond to Weybridge 28/02/2014
- Maggie’s Monster Bike + Hike 26/02/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Bren17: Kingston Rude Mechanicals for weekend social road ...
- Peter: CC London are based in Bike Boutique opposite Winc...
- Tarek: yours ain't too shabby either lol... i had a bike...
- Clive: Thanks and Yes hopefully if someone does have a bi...
- Tarek: yea that's proper dodgy and clearly BS lol shame...
- Ian Why: We meet at Shane's Nurseries on the A40 at Denham...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists