While pedalling a Boris Bike I start to shuffle in my pocket. Where is that damn iPhone. Finally, I find it. The next challenge is to get it out my pocket whilst still navigating the Humvee of the bike world. Eventually, I give up. I pull over and get my iPhone out. I look up […]
Archive | February, 2011
This Friday I wanted to do an open Q&A with Access Legal lawyer Dave Escandell as a couple of questions have been arising regarding using helmet camera footage for prosecution and for uploading content to YouTube. If you have any questions therefore please leave them in the comments. Here are answers to two of the […]
In the overhauling an old bike series we come up to our latest upgrade. The bicycle tyres – a fairly economic upgrade at £25 per tyre. When do I change my bicycle tyres? If your tyre looks a little like my old tyre in the picture above then it’s probably time to upgrade. As you […]
Grab your iPhone and strap it to your handlebars. Suddenly, you’ve got GPS navigation and a bike computer all for the price of a bike mount. I’ve been a big advocate for this for a while and even wrote a piece about it for Cycling Plus magazine. The only problem with the bike mount I […]
The first WWCBNIACC meet was last Thursday at Look Mum No Hands. It was a fantastic turnout and thanks go to all who braved the element of not knowing who was going to turn up but doing so yourselves. May I stress at the outset, and for all of who you ask the question, I […]
The Knog Gekko lights stand out in a bike shop. Simple packaging and design – but how do they perform?
Just a quick reminder that the first meet of the Wo(men) Who Cycle But Not In A Club, Club will be at Look Mum No Hands at 49 Old Street, EC1V 9HX from 7pm. I look forward to seeing hoards of you there!
Give a car recently got in touch asking if they could guest post on London Cyclist. Normally I refuse offers like this but as it’s a charity (They raised £50,000 for cancer research) and it’s about scrapping cars – I thought – why not! Give a Car is a scrap car charity organisation that donates […]
We next come up to a source of squeakiness that I’ve decided to squash! My jockey wheels often result in my friends pointing and laughing at me as I squeak up a hill. They are nearly 5 years old so it’s time for a replacement. If your jockey wheels are looking worn out by rust […]
I’m finding it really interesting to see the wealth of refreshingly different cycling journals out there that are coming into my orbit. At the moment I have a subscription to Cycling Weekly (I know, don’t mock) and I also buy a couple of the monthly cycling magazines like Cycling Active or Bike Buyer. These publications are […]
We can all spot an aggressive driver a mile off. Revving the engine, driving up too close to the back wheel and generally being a nuisance. I’ll never forget the approach of my friend Godwyns. When he spots an aggressive driver, he will tend to pull up in front of the car at the next […]
To drift away just a little from the typical topics discussed on this blog I wanted to mention one of the coolest gifts I got this Christmas. A Kenwood Smoothie To Go smoothie maker! (Amazon have it for just £19.99 here or even cheaper if you pop into a Robert Dyas) Next time you cycle […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Velosock – A sock for your bike reviewed 30/07/2015
- Discerning Cyclist Style Guide – Summer Edition 18/07/2015
- 5 accessories for a summer of cycling 25/06/2015
- What it’s like to get knocked off your bike 22/06/2015
- Traffic-free Sundays on Regent Street in July 18/06/2015
- What it’s like to race Bradley Wiggins 09/06/2015
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Willa: londoncyclist.co.uk has potential, you can make yo...
- Steve Marshall: Community, What is the latest thoughts/links/re...
- Anta: Velosock isn't waterpfoorf to protect bike from r...
- Dave: I frequently use my HPV Streetmachine recumbent fo...
- Andrew Curry: If you're trying to keep your carpet clean/ dry w...
- Anta: To protect bike from rust Velosock indoor cover is...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets