You look on the BBC weather website and it says wind and light rain for the next day. You watch the ITV weather report and they’re suggesting clear skies. Who to trust? Windproof cycling jackets are for moments like this. When the weather isn’t quite cold enough for a full cycling jacket but you’re not […]
Archive | October, 2010
Handlebar grips are often not given much thought. You just get a pair with your bike and get on with it. That’s pretty much what I did for two years. Then I suddenly started noticing horrible black material on my hands and poor grip on the bike. I realised the handlebars were in dire need […]
The best cycling jacket will keep the nasty heavy rain out, will keep you feeling warm on your commute into work and allow your skin to breathe so you won’t be dripping with sweat. But how do you know which one to buy?
Cycle Hire Bike 14964 will always have a vivid place in my haunting memories. Yet, when I first approached it, it didn’t look so sinister. If anything Cycle Hire Bike 14964 looked kind of friendly and welcoming. Like an old friend. It wanted me to sit down. It wanted to show me the places I […]
If you’ve ever wanted to carry a suit into work without getting it ludicrously crumpled you’ve probably ended up just taking the tube, a bus or going by car. This new bag by Slicks is here to make it possible to cycle to work with a suit, trousers and shoes sat comfortably in your bag. […]
A good bike pump is essential for a cyclist. Riding with correctly inflated tyres not only produces a faster ride with smoother handling but it also helps prevent punctures. As bike tyres can lose up to 10 PSI per week a good bike pump is a worthy accessory to add to your arsenal. In this […]
Each day I head into London and have a choice between 3 great routes. I can either go direct and take the busy A-road. I can go through some quiet residential streets and around Regent’s Park or I can head down the hill and through Camden. When I first started living here I mixed things […]
Hi there, First of all, amazing blog, I read it almost every day, and I love all the comments from other cyclist as well. Very well done, and well presented. I have recently started cycling for my daily commuting (even though at the moment, I am more trying to find a good route to use […]
Whether it is for safety purposes on your commute or recording some extreme mountain bike downhill action, helmet cameras are getting popular amongst cyclists. The good news is, most of them don’t have as much of a heart attack inducing price tag as you might think. See also: How a pro uses a helmet camera […]
Back in July I asked a simple question that turned into a the biggest discussion this site has ever had. I asked: Who are the least courteous drivers in London? Opinions were mixed and tensions ran high at certain points but many people agreed Addison Lee (the mini-cab company) was the worst. Last week, I […]
The Cycle Show is currently on at Earls Court and yesterday I cycled over to checkout the latest gear and bikes on display. If you wish to visit you can still book tickets from the official site and using the code IVY courtesy of Spencer Ivy you get 30% off. Electric bikes are out in […]
Just over two months ago we released a very useful iPhone application for cyclists. 5000 downloads later we’ve brought that same app to cyclists with Android mobile phones. The app is called Bike Doctor and it shows you how to complete 24 common bike repairs. It will help you keep your bike in perfect working […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Arc’teryx Atom SL Hoodie 12/02/2016
- Bicycle love 12/02/2016
- Best cycle commuter visibility tips 10/02/2016
- Helmet cameras for cyclists – our pick of the best 07/02/2016
- Costs of refurbishing a second hand bike 05/02/2016
- Happarel Bicycles reflective bike kits 04/02/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Mi Koko: However we shouldn't let our kid ride bike alone....
- fragrance oils: Tell a friend fragrance oil...
- Colin G: I use a Mobius camera like another contributor, Ho...
- Ojc: So you would really consider cycling on unlit coun...
- Kie: I hate you and every other fool who sticks ultra-b...
- Ciarán: "The perfect opportunity arose when we got tipped...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets