Skyrides, tube strikes, winter cycling gear, puncture proof tyres and ArtCrank. There is certainly never a dull month for cycling in London! It seems for the month ahead everyone is thinking about winter cycling. That includes Boris Bikers who’ve been emailing me asking me what gear I would recommend. If you’re planning to keep going […]
Archive | September, 2010
Hi there! If you’re reading this then I applaud you. Because it means you’re considering or definitely going to keep cycling as the blue skies (ahem) turn to grey and the temperatures make their yearly descent. Wet feet. Cold hands. Soaked clothes. Water dripping everywhere. You can see why some people are put off winter […]
Some people laugh when they hear the words “puncture proof tyres” but then they probably haven’t tried these two tyres. Schwalbe Marathon Plus is the tyre of choice for the tough bikes used in the hire scheme in France – could it help you on your bike? Punctures are an annoying part of a cyclists […]
I’ve added one more reason to hate Easyjet. The recycled air from the cold air conditioning has made me ill and I haven’t been able to write anything! Next week things should be back to normal but for now while I spend most of my day sleeping I wanted to open London Cyclist up to […]
“I’ve never really wanted to mess with my bike but thing’s have started playing up and I don’t know where to start”. My friend Daniel is one of many new cyclists who’ve fallen in love with cycling. Just over 14 months ago he purchased a Marin bike and has been riding to work since. But […]
It’s a horrible thought, but it is far better to be aware of the steps needed if you are in an accident or indeed if you witness an accident with a cyclist and need to help. When we tweeted about this it got a lot more clicks than expected so understandably this is something people […]
During the tube strikes a good friend of mine cycled from St John’s Wood to Canary Wharf for the first time. He enjoyed his cycle but on the way back he enjoyed it even more. This is because he was cycling with someone else from work. He found cycling with someone else not only meant […]
I get a lot of reader questions on London Cyclist and many of them I answer without ever showing on the blog but there is one common theme emerging: Fear to leave a bike somewhere. Take a look at the latest one.. I am about to change jobs, and I am losing the garage cycle […]
On September 17th and 18th the Artcrank poster show that has been such a huge success in America will be in London. There will be a ton of very cool posters many of which you can buy at a very good rate. Here is the official blurb… ARTCRANK LONDON 2010 Bikes are the world’s most […]
A new London cycling guidebook hit the bookshelves in the past couple of weeks. It’s called Where to Ride London and it is written by Nick Woodford. This chap here: Having written a similar guidebook myself (30 London Cycle Routes) I was looking forward to seeing what Nick came up with and hopefully recommending his […]
What are the 3 things to look for when buying a bicycle helmet and also which helmet does Lance wear?
On this weeks “Comment Friday” I’d like to hear about what bikes you guys use to commute. My bike is a Marin Hybrid. I bought it second hand a few years ago and whilst it’s on its last legs now it still serves me well until I have enough money for the next bike purchase. […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Bike shop profile – The Hackney Peddler 27/05/2016
- London Cycling Awards 2016 – the winners 24/05/2016
- What a bike thief can teach you about locking your bike 17/05/2016
- Cycling the Italian Lake District 09/05/2016
- The best bike shops in Central London 28/04/2016
- Summer cycling events in London 26/04/2016
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Tony Delaney: What about using gps security? I don't know if we...
- Andrew Wilcox: I just turn my camera, Shimano Sport Camera with b...
- Alex: Is there a way to press a button on the cameras to...
- Henri: That didn't work with me. I bought an old and ugl...
- charley: Cyclehack London is part of a global movement brin...
- Fukal: Would it be that hard to put full specs for each c...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists