Skyrides, tube strikes, winter cycling gear, puncture proof tyres and ArtCrank. There is certainly never a dull month for cycling in London! It seems for the month ahead everyone is thinking about winter cycling. That includes Boris Bikers who’ve been emailing me asking me what gear I would recommend. If you’re planning to keep going […]
Archive | September, 2010
Hi there! If you’re reading this then I applaud you. Because it means you’re considering or definitely going to keep cycling as the blue skies (ahem) turn to grey and the temperatures make their yearly descent. Wet feet. Cold hands. Soaked clothes. Water dripping everywhere. You can see why some people are put off winter […]
Some people laugh when they hear the words “puncture proof tyres” but then they probably haven’t tried these two tyres. Schwalbe Marathon Plus is the tyre of choice for the tough bikes used in the hire scheme in France – could it help you on your bike? Punctures are an annoying part of a cyclists […]
I’ve added one more reason to hate Easyjet. The recycled air from the cold air conditioning has made me ill and I haven’t been able to write anything! Next week things should be back to normal but for now while I spend most of my day sleeping I wanted to open London Cyclist up to […]
“I’ve never really wanted to mess with my bike but thing’s have started playing up and I don’t know where to start”. My friend Daniel is one of many new cyclists who’ve fallen in love with cycling. Just over 14 months ago he purchased a Marin bike and has been riding to work since. But […]
It’s a horrible thought, but it is far better to be aware of the steps needed if you are in an accident or indeed if you witness an accident with a cyclist and need to help. When we tweeted about this it got a lot more clicks than expected so understandably this is something people […]
During the tube strikes a good friend of mine cycled from St John’s Wood to Canary Wharf for the first time. He enjoyed his cycle but on the way back he enjoyed it even more. This is because he was cycling with someone else from work. He found cycling with someone else not only meant […]
I get a lot of reader questions on London Cyclist and many of them I answer without ever showing on the blog but there is one common theme emerging: Fear to leave a bike somewhere. Take a look at the latest one.. I am about to change jobs, and I am losing the garage cycle […]
If when you cycle home in the rain you are worried water is creeping into your bag and destroying your £600 laptop and making your lunch time cheese, ham with a little bit of onion sandwich soggy then you may want to consider a waterproof cycling bag. These cycling bags are designed to keep the […]
On September 17th and 18th the Artcrank poster show that has been such a huge success in America will be in London. There will be a ton of very cool posters many of which you can buy at a very good rate. Here is the official blurb… ARTCRANK LONDON 2010 Bikes are the world’s most […]
A new London cycling guidebook hit the bookshelves in the past couple of weeks. It’s called Where to Ride London and it is written by Nick Woodford. This chap here: Having written a similar guidebook myself (30 London Cycle Routes) I was looking forward to seeing what Nick came up with and hopefully recommending his […]
What are the 3 things to look for when buying a bicycle helmet and also which helmet does Lance wear?
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- Keeping your phone charged while you track your rides 20/11/2014
- Spanish and Swedish bike repair instructions added to Bike Doctor app 19/11/2014
- 5 odd things we do with our bikes, that we’d never do with our cars 19/11/2014
- 5 of the best winter cycle gloves 12/11/2014
- How to stay safe when cycling around potholes 11/11/2014
- 8 moments all us cycle commuters have felt 06/11/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- Joanne: Mine is here if people would like to check out and...
- Hugo: Hi there, recently I start to use Finn (http://get...
- Ashwin: What bicycle repair needs to bring the prices down...
- Ashwin: Bike repair and maintenance is a cartel job in the...
- David Cohen: Ditto, pretty much to the word, re cleaning one's...
- Andreas: Ouch - that sounds extreme Beth. I must admit, I a...
Bike apps for the iPhone
Repair your bike, track your cycling and find the nearest London bike shop - all from your iPhone:iPhone apps for cyclists