As of about 3 hours ago you can now download a new app for your iPhone that helps you maintain your bike. The App is called Bike Doctor and is available from: http://bikedoctorapp.com/ UPDATE: The App has reached number 1 in the Sports category! (1/July/2010) UPDATE: The App has been featured in the “New and […]
Archive | June, 2010
Last week Gill emailed me to tell me about her new company Hello Joe: Hello Joe produces boldly designed, high visibility clothing that lets you be seen without sacrificing all your style. Light reflective ink is incorporated into each design to make sure you can shine day and night. Our aim is to help you […]
Jumping red lights, talking on mobiles, cycling on pavements and driving into advanced stop boxes. All behaviours we are either guilty of or victim to. The message being spread by TfL is for all of us to be more courteous to each other on the roads and that nobody is above the law. One of […]
Here is this weeks Comment Friday or Forum Friday as someone suggested on Twitter (I could tell you who but Twitter only seems to work once every few hours!). This time it’s a question from Mr J. Who wanted to know what you would do if faced by this junction.. Would you hop off your […]
When I first hopped onto the saddle a few years ago, I was quite happy with just me and my mountain bike. Riding around I was blissfully ignorant of cycling culture and anything remotely advanced beyond “more pedalling means I can go further”. As my interest grew in cycling, which I’m sure yours has too […]
After years of cheering for Tim Henman from behind a TV screen and starting every Wimbledon with “I think he’s going to win it this year” I think it’s about time I got myself to the actual tournament that has been voted “Best British Sporting Event” to see some live tennis. I want the full […]
My review of the Topeak Super Tourist DX rack which fits both normal and disc brake bikes. Review includes difficulties I had with installation, my thoughts on moving over to rear bike racks and my overall opinion of the Topeak for carrying loads on the bike.
Bike Week is kicking off faster than an English football hooligan in South Africa. Its aim is to get half a million people on bikes. It will do this using its arsenal of free breakfasts, organised bike rides, free bike repair sessions and plenty of patting people on the back for being a cyclist. If […]
Once again continuing London Cyclists “comment Friday” tradition (better names on a post-card please!) I want to hear some thoughts on the cycle superhighways. Vincent was kind enough to send me some pictures of the Cycle Superhighways along Narrow Street leading to Canary Wharf. This route has long been one I believe TfL need to […]
The prospect of cycling 7 miles around central London completely naked has never exactly been in my “100 things to do before I die” list. Nor, for that matter, has it ever featured in my nightmares. So I went along to this year’s London Naked Bike Ride with a completely open mind and unsure as […]
I recently put the question out on Twitter about which bike rack I should get. Here is what my Twitter followers had to say: alexbutcher @londoncyclist Tubus cro-mo rack. Will last you a life time and can be repaired if required. A truly awesome product jmwollny @londoncyclist Blackburn and Tubus are very good EnekOraintxe @londoncyclist […]
A friend of mine, Sam. Has made his big move down to London. Or, more specifically, his big move into our lounge in London. This is while he waits for his house to be available to move into. Soon he will be starting his training as an estate agent. (And yes he is being asked […]
Join 9,241 fellow London Cyclists who receive our free weekly newsletter:
As mentioned in:
- 5 most popular London Cyclist posts in 2014 15/12/2014
- London Cycle Hire price changes from January 2015 15/12/2014
- Staying cycling fit over Christmas 15/12/2014
- LUMO cycling gear for stylish visibility 15/12/2014
- Amazon but for local bike shops 11/12/2014
- How to wrap bar tape, and 5 cool designs 11/12/2014
- 10 things I wish I’d known when I first started cycling 11/04/2013
- The best bike lock 21/11/2012
- Bicycle insurance 07/09/2011
- How to start cycling 20/01/2011
- Buying a second hand bike in London 25/08/2010
- 7 mistakes you are making with your cycling and how you can correct them 28/04/2010
- 35 London Cycling Routes with GPS 02/03/2010
- SylvestAllan: What's up, this weekend is pleasant for me, as th...
- Tony: Lux = 1 lumens per square metre. Maybe some German...
- Rossie: I like the substantial price drops for longer usag...
- Kim: Hi Gavin, I'm also considering the Proviz Reflect...
- che: Shellac is alcohol soluble....
- cyclingjersey: We at cycleprojersey bring for you all the cycling...
Guide to waterproof cycling jackets
We've reviewed some of the best waterproof cycling jackets