1. What’s with all these extra cyclists?
2. Finally, people have discovered the joys of cycling! It’s so nice to be joined by all my cycling brothers and sisters. We are living in a new era in London!
3. Oh, no, it’s just a tube strike.
4. Hope it ends soon – all these extra cyclists don’t know what they’re doing.
5. Most of these bikes haven’t seen the inside of a bike shop since Margaret Thatcher was in power.
6. I’m going to go faster than these guys and show them who’s boss.
7. Wohooo! Take that! Oh no, someone in a suit and on a Brompton just overtook me.
8. Those Bromptons are fast – I need to get one – do I need one? Yes, yes, I’m pretty sure I need a Brompton.
9. Wow, that road bike looks good. I need to get one – do I need one? Yes, definitely. Road bike and a Brompton and then I’ll be happy.
10. Noooo, someone has taken my favourite parking spot! Worst day ever.
— Stinkus (@ian_stephens) April 30, 2014
11. Look at that queue for the shower – ugh! I’m just going to go natural today…
12. Look at all these guys bragging that they’ve ridden their bike in to work today – I do that every day! Where’s the thanks I get for saving the world?
By the way, this is meant to be lighthearted, hope nobody takes it seriously!
Remember to be a zen cyclist.
How was the tube strike cycling experience for you?
Join 10,221 fellow cyclists who are subscribed to the London Cyclist newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get...
- Advice on the best cycling gear
- A Friday roundup of all the latest London cycling news
- Exclusive content not available on the blog
Subscribe today, and get exclusive access forever! (It's free)
*No spam, ever!
As seen on The Guardian, BBC and The Independent.